Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Hidden Treasure: A Table Apart

By Alisha Diaz

Have you ever been to a tiny restaurant that none of your friends have been to? Did you love it? That happened to Moises and me when we went to the small, but fabulous, A Table Apart restaurant.(Link: https://atableapart.com/) It is located off Bonita Beach Road. To be honest, the outside made it seem like a small and simple restaurant, but it sure isn't! The food was amazing and the employees were a complete joy.  Our neighbors gave us a gift card to this restaurant, and I'm glad they did! We would have never noticed this restaurant otherwise. Let me tell you all about our experience.

As soon as we walked into the restaurant our first impressions changed. The restaurant was quite fancy and lovely. We were so glad we decided to dress up for our date. Beautiful art was displayed on the walls, and the bar was beautifully decorated. We came at a strange time, around 4:30 pm, and the restaurant was quite empty. Since it is a small restaurant, we noticed all the employees/waiters did not have tables to wait on. That did not stop them from working at all. They were all finding things to do and lending a hand to those who were busy. We were quite impressed with that work ethic. Once time went on, the restaurant started filling up, and the employees went back to their regular jobs. We had an amazing waiter. He told us all about the menu and answered a bunch of questions for us. He had great suggestions for us and knew a lot about each meal. He did this all with kindness and enthusiasm.


I started off with a Cesaer salad. It was great! The flavor was amazing and the ingredients tasted fresh. Moises had a mushroom soup. Now, I am not a fan of mushrooms, so I did not want to try it. Moises loved it! We typically order water or soda to go with our meals, but we had limited options at A Table Apart. They serve water or alcoholic beverages. Since we do not drink, we just went with the water. We also had some fresh, tasty bread and butter with our appetizers that we quite enjoyed.


When it came to our entree, we were not disappointed. The food was delicious! I got salmon 2 ways. Moises got a rack of lamb. We even loved each others dishes! We kept sharing with each other the whole time. Moises' lamb was cooked to perfection with an amazing yet unique sauce. His mashed potatoes were to die for! It went very well with his vegetable, green beans. I was so happy with my salmon 2 ways. The salmon placed on the bottom had great taste and texture. However, the ceviche was my favorite! It was acidic and it has avocado in it. Wow! The flavor was perfect. Spinach is not favorite as well. If I had known it came with it, I would have asked for something else. Now, that is not A Table Apart's fault. They had no idea about my preferences. I'm sure it would be great for a spinach lover. The rice in the bowl was great. I was not too keen on the "green stuff," so I just ate around it. It was some of the best rice I had ever had. Moises did not mind the "green stuff" at all, so he ate a lot of it. Though the meal had little parts that I could have done without, I really enjoyed the food! It was so delicious, and I would highly recommend the restaurant. I have a tendency to not enjoy "fancy food," but A Table Apart was quite the exception.




A Table Apart was a great overall experience for us. The food was choice, and the service was amazing. When I mention this place to friends and family, most of them have not heard about this charming place. I hope that changes. This restaurant's quality deserves to be well known. I believe they will be very popular one day.

Feel free to leave comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious and Inexpensive Donuts: Nuts 4 Donuts

by Alisha Diaz Last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to try some amazing local donuts! Nuts 4 Donuts (Link: https://www.facebook....