Monday, February 26, 2018

Our Cheese Fries Addiction: Rib City

by Alisha Diaz
Photos by Moises Diaz


Moises and I had been working very hard. We both started new jobs on the same day, and we finally wanted to treat ourselves with a date night. We immediately agreed on going to Rib City! We love Rib City, but we hadn't been there for quite some time. We had a great time, we had great food, and we had great service. Let me tell you all about it.



When we go to Rib City, about 90% of the time we go to the Estero location. We came in and got seated right away. Someone did tell us that they had some new employees, but everything went smoothly and everyone seemed to be doing a great job. This Rib City gets a lot of customers, but they are great at seating everyone. I have only had a wait one time throughout the years, and it was a very short wait.



When we decided that we wanted to do out date night at Rib City, we knew we wanted to blog about it. We don't have the funds to go to restaurants whenever we want to blog, but we try to blog about the places that are special to us. That being said, we knew exactly what we wanted to order when we got there. Our lovely waitress let us put in our drink, appetizer, and dinner order all at once. Wow! We got our orders very quickly as well. It was great!



Moises', who has been living in SWFL way longer than me, always orders his Rib City drinks in a "To Go" cup. I have followed his habit in this as well. They are huge! Moises got a sweet tea, and I stuck with lemon water. His sweet tea was great! My stomach gets mad at me when I drink sweet tea, but the sip I had was delicious. My water was fresh and tasted good as well.



Now Moises and I have a bad habit of ordering the same thing every time here. Knowing we were going to blog and take pictures, we wanted to try a couple new things. Naturally, I went to Facebook. I asked a big food group, Foodies Unite! My Local SWFL, what their favorite Rib City foods were. I was pleasantly surprised! Many agreed with what our favorites were, but we also got many new suggestions. We did follow those suggestions, and we were very happy we did. Moises and I usually get the cheese and bacon fries with ranch and spicy ranch as an appetizer. Then we usually each get a half pound of chicken tenders. Moises does not eat spicy so he would get the mild, and I would get the hot ones. This does work nicely for us, but we wanted to reach outside of the box.



This time, as suggested, we got the onion rings. WOW! I expected a few, but the portion is huge! That is a great quantity for what you pay, and they tasted great too. Moises got the big fish sandwich with a side of macaroni and cheese. He loved his sandwich, and he shared the macaroni with me. It was good, but not my absolute favorite. I would eat it again though. That is not a complaint. I did still get my hot chicken tenders though. I wanted to include them since they are our favorite. It sounds crazy to love the chicken at a rib joint, but it's true! Rib City has even won awards for them. We highly recommend them.


Our food was crazy delicious as usual, and we were completely happy with our service. We had absolutely no complaints at all. We really enjoyed trying a couple new things as well. If you haven't tried new foods at your favorite restaurants in a while, I would certainly try it. We were missing out! Next time we will try the ribs!

Do you love Rib City? Comment below about what your favorite meal is. Maybe we will try it next
time!

Rib City Link: https://ribcity.com/









No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious and Inexpensive Donuts: Nuts 4 Donuts

by Alisha Diaz Last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to try some amazing local donuts! Nuts 4 Donuts (Link: https://www.facebook....