Thursday, January 25, 2018

A Day in the Everglades: Wooten's Everglades Airboat Tours

by Alisha Diaz


It all started when I had a week of work, and I wanted to try something new. Some family friends of mine had gone to the Everglades recently and went on an airboat ride. There are a few places to go airboating in the Everglades, but I went with Wooten's because they had an awesome activity package that was $8.00 off with their coupon. It ended being the same place the friends of mine went to, so it was fun to compare experiences. Luckily my friend had a day off of work as well, so we ventured off together and had a great time at Wooten's. (Link: https://www.wootenseverglades.com/)

The airboat ride was the main event. Our captain was amazing! He kept the ride very interesting and did not mind showing off his drifting skills. I had never been on an airboat before, and it's a very smooth ride compared to most boats. These boats glide over all the swamp grass instead of going through it. We did see some alligators on our tour, and we were pretty happy about that. I did not take any pictures since I was very scared to drop my phone and lose it forever.



We also went on the swamp buggy tour. Though it was fun going on the swamp buggy, it was pretty short ride. On the up side, we did get to see some animals and see the Everglades from another perspective.




We were pleasantly surprised with the free animal exhibit and alligator wrestling show. We did not know this was available when we decided to go there. There were otters, alligators, tigers, and a few more animals that I can't quite remember. The wrestling show was amazing. It's crazy how strong alligators are. Do remember the wrestlers are very careful, and they are trained professionals. The shows are scattered throughout the day to accommodate guests coming at different times. After the show, they often bring out a couple alligators that you can hold. They show you how to hold it carefully, and the snout is taped closed. I'm not sure about my friend, but it was my first time holding an alligator, and I loved it. 



When we went to Wooten's, it was an extremely hot day. We recommend that you come prepared. Bring water that you can keep in your backpack, and wear some sunscreen. Bringing sunglasses is a must, and you might even want to wear a hat for extra protection. We finished up our day by going to Cracker Barrel in South Naples. We wanted to eat in the Everglades, but we didn't see anything on our way. I'm sure we could have found something if we had planned better or went deeper into the Everglades area. It was my firsts time trying the trout at Cracker Barrel, and it is now my favorite meal there. It was a perfect meal to end the day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious and Inexpensive Donuts: Nuts 4 Donuts

by Alisha Diaz Last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to try some amazing local donuts! Nuts 4 Donuts (Link: https://www.facebook....