Saturday, January 20, 2018

Lakes, Forest, and Playgrounds: Lakes Park

By Alisha Diaz


Lakes Park!(Link:http://www.lakesparkenrichmentfoundation.org/)What an old favorite of mine. This is where I had my first school field trip when I moved to Florida in 6th grade. I loved it, and I still do. This weekend I had the pleasure of bringing Moises for the first time. He loved it even more than I thought he would. It has tons to do there, and it has a great family environment. We can't wait to be able to bring our future kids here one day!




Moises' favorite part was the trails. Most of them are paved, but a couple of them are just the forest floor. They are great for walking, running, biking, rollerblading, or even skateboarding. Moises and I went on most of the trails, and we walked 2.5 miles. He is already dying to come back and hit up the trails with either a bike or his roller blades. Many people were utilizing the trails for going for a walk or a jog. Sometimes running down streets can be scary, but you have nothing to worry about running on these paths.


My favorite part is the gorgeous scenery made up of lakes and trees. Some of the trees that had once been there had been taken down by hurricanes, but there is still so much beauty. The lakes are not only beautiful, but you can actually use them. You can boat or fish in them. Next time I hope to bring my fishing gear to see what I can catch!


Lakes Park has so much more to offer than the obvious lakes and trails. They also have mini water parks, playgrounds, volleyball courts, grills, a functional mini train, fields, gardens, bounce houses, multiperson bikes, boats, exercise equipment, and even more. I will make sure to add many photos so you can see for yourself.




 The park is perfect for parties, field trips, family days, or just plain exercise. They have pavilions of assorted sizes available to rent for many occasions. My sister will be having a birthday party there in the next few weeks (EXCITING)! It is also the perfect setting for a baby shower, a fundraiser, or a graduation party. The park also has picnic tables all throughout the park that are free to use for your enjoyment.



Lakes Park is very affordable to visit. You have to buy a parking ticket and place it on your windshield. The cost is $1.00 per hour or $5.00 for the whole day.What a deal!  Luckily they take cash or card. You also have to pay to rent the equipment, ride the mini train, or play in the bounce houses. That isn't quite surprising though.


Lakes Park is still a favorite for me, and I'm looking forward to going back soon. My sister's party is going to be so much fun! I hope the pictures do Lakes Park justice! If you live in the SWFL area you may have been there or heard of it. If not, it's truly worth the visit!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious and Inexpensive Donuts: Nuts 4 Donuts

by Alisha Diaz Last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to try some amazing local donuts! Nuts 4 Donuts (Link: https://www.facebook....